Mold and Mildew Removal with H2O2

moldBefore you begin splashing chlorine bleach around the house to remove mold or mildew, consider using H2O2 instead.

Why?

Well, for a few good reasons. Not the least of which is that it works.

Why else? Because unlike chlorine based products which form organochlorines in the environment (for example, dioxin)and produce other toxic and long lasting by-products which do not break down in the environment; hydrogen peroxide creates no residual toxins of any kind. It breaks down to water and oxygen, and within a few hours there is no evidence of its use at all in the surrounding environment.

It’s also extremely effective at killing the spores which can spread molds and mildews in your home. Just saturate the affected areas thoroughly and let stand. Then re-moisten the area with hydrogen peroxide again before wiping with a clean cloth or songe.

And hydrogen peroxide will not bleach out wall paper, paint or fabric surfaces the way chlorine bleach does. So you won’t
have to repair the damage bleaching causes. It is also far less abrasive to natural fiber structures, so it doens’t weaken fabrics or other materials when you apply it.

Chlorine bleach can eat a hole right through fabrics at its normal 3 percent concentration (straight from the bottle) whereas H2O2 won’t damage or breakdown the fiber structure of papers or fabrics.

In the end, you will have a clean, mold and mildew free living environment with none of the toxic side effects of chlorine based products. And best of all, you can use the regular store brand H2O2 from the local grocer or drug counter. It’s very inexpensive, and works just fine.


© 2007 hydrogen peroxide uses. All rights reserved.
Real Time Web Analytics